From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bash script: make a convenient /mnt/gentoo tree for a new install or development
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 18:17:18
1 On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Gregory Woodbury <redwolfe@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > The Gentoo Handbook provides detailed instructions for preparing a
3 > /mnt/gentoo
4 > file system tree for new installations. After having to dig through the
5 > Handbook a
6 > few times of doing new or re-installs of Gentoo using an existing Gentoo
7 > install
8 > as the base system, I wrote this script as a shortcut way to handle the
9 > process
10 > of doing the mounting of /mnt/gentoo either the first time or again after a
11 > re-boot.
12
13 IMO it would be a lot easier if we just had an install CD that
14 included nspawn. :) For whatever reason there seems to be a lack of
15 systemd-based rescue CDs out there. While I'm placing orders I'd like
16 ZFS on Linux support on it as well. :)
19 Rich