From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: The future of linux, and Gentoo specifically now
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 21:21:56
1 On 23/11/2014 22:25, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 11/23/2014 2:24 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 >> The current Gentoo policy is that maintainers cannot block other devs
4 >> from adding support for systemd/openrc/etc to their packages if they
5 >> lack such support. Gentoo policy does NOT require maintainers to
6 >> support any particular init system.
7 >>
8 >> If you feel otherwise, I suggest you cite the policy.
9 >
10 > Interesting... packages don't have to support the default init system...
11
12 You are inventing concepts that do not exist.
13
14 There is no such thing as the "default init system".
15
16 There is only the one that portage will happen to install should you not
17 specify a preference.
22 > Can anyone say 'can of worms'?
23 >
24 > Oh well, its never been a problem for me, so I doubt it ever will be, at
25 > least for the foreseeable future.
32 Alan McKinnon
33 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com