From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: The future of linux, and Gentoo specifically now
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 20:25:16
1 On 11/23/2014 2:24 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > The current Gentoo policy is that maintainers cannot block other devs
3 > from adding support for systemd/openrc/etc to their packages if they
4 > lack such support. Gentoo policy does NOT require maintainers to
5 > support any particular init system.
6 >
7 > If you feel otherwise, I suggest you cite the policy.
8
9 Interesting... packages don't have to support the default init system...
10
11 Can anyone say 'can of worms'?
12
13 Oh well, its never been a problem for me, so I doubt it ever will be, at
14 least for the foreseeable future.