From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] atom+nouveau
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 01:36:33
1 I have a problem I know is not Gentoo related (because it happens also
2 in Slackware, in the same computer). The motherboard is not that
3 widely used, so before filing a bug I would like to know if someone
4 out there has the same problem, or is ot just me.
5
6 AT3IONT-I DELUXE with Nouveau driver
9 The problem: screen completely black, both in X and in virtual
10 consoles, the system boots (I can ssh into it, and X is up). I can
11 even type commands (blindly, of course).
14 ** It happens only with 4.8.* kernels **
15
16 It works fine with 4.7.10. I use custom kernels, but the configuration
17 of 4.8.* was inherited from 4.7.* via make oldconfig.
18
19 I will never ever again buy Nvidia, but I'm not ready yet to ditch
20 this low power, noiseless computer, and I would prefer not to get
21 stuck with 4.7.*.
24 TIA
25
26 Jorge Almeida