From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Fwd: [OT] atom+nouveau
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 09:29:33
1 Reposting due to original getting lost in black hole.
2
3 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
4 From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
5 Date: Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 2:06 AM
6 Subject: [OT] atom+nouveau
7 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
10 I have a problem I know is not Gentoo related (because it happens also
11 in Slackware, in the same computer). The motherboard is not that
12 widely used, so before filing a bug I would like to know if someone
13 out there has the same problem, or is ot just me.
14
15 AT3IONT-I DELUXE with Nouveau driver
18 The problem: screen completely black, both in X and in virtual
19 consoles, the system boots (I can ssh into it, and X is up). I can
20 even type commands (blindly, of course).
23 ** It happens only with 4.8.* kernels **
24
25 It works fine with 4.7.10. I use custom kernels, but the configuration
26 of 4.8.* was inherited from 4.7.* via make oldconfig.
27
28 I will never ever again buy Nvidia, but I'm not ready yet to ditch
29 this low power, noiseless computer, and I would prefer not to get
30 stuck with 4.7.*.
33 TIA
34
35 Jorge Almeida