From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Video plays past end of time it shows
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 16:58:47
1 On 25/08/2021 19:08, Andrew Udvare wrote:
4 > On Wed, Aug 25, 2021, 13:44 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com
5 > <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>> wrote:
6 >
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > I have a video that does something weird.  The video plays about 6
10 > minutes or so past the length it should.  During that extended time, you
11 > can't fast forward, pause or anything either.  I've ran into this a
12 > couple times with my deer camera and thought it odd but didn't worry
13 > about it.  My question is, can this be fixed somehow?  Can I get mplayer
14 > or something to process the file and adjust the time it thinks the video
15 > is to what it actually is?
18 > You can try to re-encode or maybe remux with ffmpeg.
21 > Bonus, how in the world did it get that way?
24 > More than likely the metadata in the file is off.
25 >
26 > This playback issue can happen with VBR MP3s and also Oggs as the length
27 > of the file can be spoofed in the header.
30 I have this with my in-car mp3 player. Every so often it has a
31 brain-fart, gets thoroughly confused, and displays one song while
32 playing another. This is invariably accompanied by it either playing the
33 tune for the length of the song it thinks it is, or the display gets
34 stuck as the song overruns the length it thinks it is.
35
36 I usually end up pulling the chip out and putting it back, which resets
37 it, but it's then a nightmare because the player has to re-read the
38 chip, during which it plays random tracks from 32GB of music and any
39 attempt to tell it what you want it to play is blocked. Surely it should
40 let you drill down the directory structure? Even worse, all this effort
41 is to build up a db of tracks by genre, artist etc, which I never use!
42 (It takes about 10 minutes which, I believe, is the national average
43 journey length in the UK...)
44
45 Cheers,
46 Wol