From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge advises upgrade profile
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:03:42
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 28 October 2009 18:52:33 Harry Putnam wrote:
3 >
4 >> Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
5 >>
6 >>>> Alan, what does it get you? In fact what does `developer' buy you?
7 >>>>
8 >>> x86/10.0 gives you a baseline for that release
9 >>> x86/10.0/desktop|developer|server give you a profile more suited
10 >>> (tweaked) for that kind of usage.
11 >>>
12 >> [...]
13 >>
14 >> Nice.. thanks
15 >> I see I already have most of use flags in the desktop, and already
16 >> have apache and mysql too.. so looks like I'm good to go but for
17 >> changing the symlink.
20 > A useful side-effect showed up with profiles in the last few days.
21 > Openoffice.org integration with KDE is broken - sometimes it doesn't build,
22 > sometimes it doesn't run and as the devs try out new patches it actually
23 > sometimes works :-)
27 So this is why OOo won't compile all of a sudden. May have to put -kde
28 in package.use then. See if that helps.
29
30 Thanks Alan.
31
32 Dale
33
35
36 P. S. Should I report the failure or do they already know about this?