From: "Poison BL." <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] replacement for ftp?
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 22:15:48
1 On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 10:29 AM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > since the usage of FTP seems to be declining, what is a replacement
7 > which is at least as good as FTP?
8 >
9 > I'm aware that there's webdav, but that's very awkward to use and
10 > missing features.
13 > --
14 > "Didn't work" is an error.
17 The one issue I have with all the answers I've seen is that they all lack
18 the most important question. You're asking for alternatives for an old tool
19 that was used for many use cases that, these days, have evolved to have
20 very different requirements for security, integration of access methods,
21 and general workflows for use. FTP used to be the go-to for long distance
22 file sharing for *all* use cases, one to one (user managing a website's
23 content), many to one (upload site), one to many (download site), etc.
24 What's your use case?
27 Poison [BLX]
28 Joshua M. Murphy