From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT vmware] Networking Gentoo as guest on vista
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:40:43
1 Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > On Tuesday 22 April 2008, 17:48, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
6 [...]
7
8 > Which version of vmware? Workstation of server? I assume server in the
9 > following.
10
11 Your detailed explanation about bridged verses nat has answered my
12 questions in full.
13
14 I add this information to answer your questions:
15
16 Worstation 6.5
17
18 [...]
19
20 > What setting did you choose for guest networking when creating the
21 > virtual machine? bridged or NAT?
22
23 I tried both but didn't really understand how NAT worked until I read
24 your detailed description.
25
26 My first try with bridged seems to have auto bridged to the wrong
27 device on the host (the ethernet adaptor instead of wireless
28 connection) and so the network I created using ifconfig and route
29 didn't work.
30
31 I see now that bridged is what I want and have insured that auto
32 bridging connects to the right connection on the host.
33
34 [...]
35
36 > Basically, NAT creates a "private" network . . . . . . . . .
37 [...]
38
39 Thank for that thorough explanation.
42 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list