From: robert anstuther <robert.anstruther@×××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: robert.anstruther@×××××.biz
Subject: [gentoo-user] "emerge portage"
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:09:52
1 Hi, I am new to Gentoo so accept my apologies if this is a blatently
2 stupid question. I want to install the latest version of a package on our
3 site, on checking the various gentoo boxes I discovered that the versions
4 of the package varied a lot. therefore I ran "emerge --sync" this worked
5 fine but finished with the message that a new portage was available and
6 that I should run the command in the above subject field, and then update
7 ALL my config files, I am worried that I mess up my kernel by proceeding,
8 I have checked the wiki and read through the emerge docs, but it is still
9 not totally clear to me, Any help or suggested further reading very much
10 appreciated.
13 Thanks, Boba.
16 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list