From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't paste from selection in gtk-3 apps
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 14:35:21
1 On 2015-09-17, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 2015-09-17, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> I use 2 screens extensively and never experienced any issues like you
5 >>>> describe.
6 >>>
7 >>> And you can select/paste from one screen to another where the source
8 >>> is a gtk-3 app?
9 >>
10 >> Not sure, need to test with a gtk-3 app.
11 >>
12 >> I run KDE myself.
13 >
14 >>> I should clarify that I mean "screen" in the strict X11 usage. Using
15 >>> Xinerama or the like to spread a single desktop across multiple
16 >>> monitors is still a single screen setup. I'm trying to select text
17 >>> on DISPLAY=:0.0 and paste it on DISPLAY=:0.1
18 >>
19 >> Not using my desktop atm.
20 >> What does Xorg do by default when it detects multiple screens?
21 >
22 > Not sure -- I'll have to give it a try. IIRC, it just uses the first
23 > one.
24
25 At least on my machine, if I start up X11 without a configuration file
26 it only uses one of my three monitors. That behavior may depend on
27 which boards are installed and which board/driver is found first.
30 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I want to read my new
31 at poem about pork brains and
32 gmail.com outer space ...