From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Chrome - no system title bar or boarders
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 14:11:41
1 On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 5:58 PM Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > On Sun, Sep 26, 2021, 8:19 AM Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de> wrote:
6 >>
7 >> Am Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 09:53:57AM -0700 schrieb Mark Knecht:
8 >>
9 >> > Starting yesterday morning both of my KDE machines no longer show a
10 system
11 >> > title bar or border for Chrome, and only Chrome. All other apps are
12 fine.
13 >> > Right clicking the Chrome tab area has a checkbox for 'Use system
14 title bar
15 >> > and borders' but it does nothing. Chrome version 94.0.4606.54.
16 >> >
17 >> > Losing the title bar means losing (as far as I know) the ability to
18 pin an
19 >> > instance of Chrome to all virtual desktops which I use for browser
20 streamed
21 >> > media - YouTube, Netflix, etc.
22 >>
23 >> Not a solution, but a workaround:
24 >> I’ve been using keyboard shortcuts for this kind of function for many
25 years.
26 >>
27 >> Super+A = Window on all desktops
28 >> Super+F = Fullscreen
29 >> Super+Shift+F = Toggle window border
30 >> Super+S = Shade window
31 >> Super+T = Window on top
32
33 Worked like a charm Frank. Thanks very much.
34
35 One individual on AskUbuntu says the problem is fixed in a
36 beta release of Chrome but your solution works for all apps
37 which is nicer.
38
39 Cheers,
40 Mark