From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Chrome - no system title bar or boarders
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 00:58:56
1 On Sun, Sep 26, 2021, 8:19 AM Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Am Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 09:53:57AM -0700 schrieb Mark Knecht:
4 >
5 > > Starting yesterday morning both of my KDE machines no longer show a
6 > system
7 > > title bar or border for Chrome, and only Chrome. All other apps are fine.
8 > > Right clicking the Chrome tab area has a checkbox for 'Use system title
9 > bar
10 > > and borders' but it does nothing. Chrome version 94.0.4606.54.
11 > >
12 > > Losing the title bar means losing (as far as I know) the ability to pin
13 > an
14 > > instance of Chrome to all virtual desktops which I use for browser
15 > streamed
16 > > media - YouTube, Netflix, etc.
17 >
18 > Not a solution, but a workaround:
19 > I’ve been using keyboard shortcuts for this kind of function for many
20 > years.
21 >
22 > Super+A = Window on all desktops
23 > Super+F = Fullscreen
24 > Super+Shift+F = Toggle window border
25 > Super+S = Shade window
26 > Super+T = Window on top
27 > ...
28 >
29 > --
30 > Grüße | Greetings | Qapla’
31 > Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
32 >
33 > Guns don’t kill people. It’s those little pieces of lead.
36 Excellent idea. Thanks.
37
38 It seems (via Stack Overflow) that this is a Chrome problem but not a
39 Chromium problem. Being that I sync bookmarks with Chrome across Linux,
40 Windows and Android it would be a stretch to move to Chromium. I did
41 determine that Chromium on my Linux machine is fine, and I set Firefox to
42 load on monitor#3 so I have a solution, but I will test your idea.
43
44 Thanks,
45 Mark