From: Roman Zilka <rzilka@××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mozilla won't start after upgrading to 1.7.13
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 16:04:33
1 Just in case this piece of information might be of some use: I don't
2 even have Gnome installed (just some necessary basics like libgnome-1.4.2),
3 I'm testing under Xfce4 which is also GTK-powered...that reminds
4 me I haven't yet experimented under twm. If it helps, I'll post it here.
5
6 -Roman
9 > Hi!
10 >
11 > Good question. I also emerged mozilla 1.7.13 but it does not work. I can start it but it hangs when opening a page. I used epiphany but it does the same strange stuff. I installed the gnome 2.14 yesterday, may be something went wrong? ;)
12 >
13 > JC
14 >
15 > Roman Zilka <rzilka@××××.cz> schrieb: > > A couple weeks ago I upgraded mozilla from 1.7.12-r? -> 1.7.13
16 > > > on a box running gentoo-hardened@x86
17 > > > (only lastest stable versions of packages installed).
18 > > > Upon running the "mozilla" cmd I get the obligatory
19 > > > "No running windows found" msg and that's all I see mozilla do.
20 > > > Nothing shows up, no windows, no msgs.
21 > >
22 > > I have 1.7.13 installed on regular x86 & can start from the CLI :
23 > > it shows your message above, but does open up & I can goto WWW sites.
24 > > Is it some restriction in gentoo-hardened ?
27 > Hmmm... So a question from another angle: is there anyone here running
28 > gentoo-hardened with mozilla 1.7.13 functioning properly?
29 >
30 > -Roman
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list