From: Frank Scheiner <frank.scheiner@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booting minimal installer ISO on rx4640 and rx2660 fails
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 10:36:46
1 Just a quick answer while I'm rechecking my burned CDROMs as per Mick's
2 suggestions.
3
4 On 08/17/2017 12:29 PM, mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com wrote:
5 > you did turn uefi off in the bios didn't you? gentoo installer won't
6 > work with uefi, though one hopes for a more specific error message in
7 > real life error messages can show up due to the afect, rather than what
8 > actually started the problem.
9
10 Is it possible at all to switch to "BIOS (MBR)" boot mode on (U)EFI
11 Itanium machines? I read that message in the IA64 handbook ([1]), but
12 didn't consider it relevant for Itanium based machines. If there is a
13 command in the EFI shell to do that I haven't found it yet.
14
15 [1]:
16 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:IA64/Installation/Media#Minimal_installation_CD