From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Akonadi database errors
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 22:07:58
1 On Wednesday 11 Nov 2015 20:28:07 Marc Joliet wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 11 November 2015 20:37:24 J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 > >I saw plenty of errors with mysql.
4 > >
5 > >After switching to Postgresql, they seem to have disappeared.
6 >
7 > FWIW, I use mariadb myself, which is also the virtual/mysql default
8 > provider, last I checked.
9 >
10 > Greetings
11
12 @Mark: Yes, same here, but the errors are produced by mariadb too.
13
14 @Joost: Is postgresql starting as a process by akonadi, or are you running it
15 independently and pointing akonadi to it?
16
17 PS. I read somewhere that if mysql is running independently of akonadi, then
18 the akonadi errors/corruptions are fewer, or not happen at all.
21 Regards,
22 Mick