From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Akonadi database errors
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 04:49:07
1 On 11 November 2015 23:07:41 CET, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >On Wednesday 11 Nov 2015 20:28:07 Marc Joliet wrote:
3 >> On Wednesday 11 November 2015 20:37:24 J. Roeleveld wrote:
4 >> >I saw plenty of errors with mysql.
5 >> >
6 >> >After switching to Postgresql, they seem to have disappeared.
7 >>
8 >> FWIW, I use mariadb myself, which is also the virtual/mysql default
9 >> provider, last I checked.
10 >>
11 >> Greetings
12 >
13 >@Mark: Yes, same here, but the errors are produced by mariadb too.
14 >
15 >@Joost: Is postgresql starting as a process by akonadi, or are you
16 >running it
17 >independently and pointing akonadi to it?
18 >
19 >PS. I read somewhere that if mysql is running independently of akonadi,
20 >then
21 >the akonadi errors/corruptions are fewer, or not happen at all.
22
23 As I use Postgresql also for other stuff, it's started seperately.
24
25 I also found this performs better, having it run "embedded" only had a slightly better performance when compared to mysql (or mariadb, don't remember) "embedded".
26
27 A framework like akonadi should, IMO, also be able to be run on a server with clients connecting to there to allow different machines to all use the same data.
28
29 The current solution makes running with a shared home and logged in from different clients simultaneously problematic (to say the least)
32 Joost
33 --
34 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.