From: Ian Bloss <ianlinkcd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Choosing between system profiles: hardened and desktop for desktop installation.
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 05:21:51
1 If you want to go with the hardened sources, there's a great wiki article
2 on it.
3
4 On Mon, Jul 3, 2017, 10:20 PM Ian Bloss <ianlinkcd@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > You should use the hardened profile with the harden sources. On terms with
7 > security you could compile a hardened kernel but you sacrifice ease of use
8 > by having to manage pax and if you choose an RBAC system like SElinux or
9 > grsecuritys adds more burden.
10 >
11 > Security isn't a product, so I would recommend sticking with regular
12 > profile with stable packages, and be mindful of what you have opened up to
13 > the internet. I would also recommend just reading up on linux security in
14 > general to understand what you're trying to make yourself more secure to.
15 >