From: Ian Bloss <ianlinkcd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Choosing between system profiles: hardened and desktop for desktop installation.
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 05:21:01
1 You should use the hardened profile with the harden sources. On terms with
2 security you could compile a hardened kernel but you sacrifice ease of use
3 by having to manage pax and if you choose an RBAC system like SElinux or
4 grsecuritys adds more burden.
5
6 Security isn't a product, so I would recommend sticking with regular
7 profile with stable packages, and be mindful of what you have opened up to
8 the internet. I would also recommend just reading up on linux security in
9 general to understand what you're trying to make yourself more secure to.
10