From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unclear (to me) errors from portage
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 17:46:15
1 On 8 August 2014 19:30:16 CEST, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >On Friday 08 August 2014 18:50:28 J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >
4 >> I always run perlcleaner and python updater after each update.
5 >
6 >Hmm. I run them when perl or python has been updated. Have you found
7 >them to
8 >be needed at other times?
9
10 No, but it's a script that runs daily on my build host.
11
12 >Incidentally, several months ago I said I would run python-updater
13 >before
14 >perl-cleaner because I thought it was more central to portage's
15 >operations.
16 >Wrong - I was hoist with my own petard the very next time. Ho-hum.
17
18 Hehe, would be nice if a developer would actually list the best way and sequence to update Gentoo with the least expected issues.
21 Joost
24 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.