From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Default programs when opening a file
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 21:16:48
1 Grant ha scritto:
2 > How can I specify which programs I'd like to open a certain type of
3 > file by default? For example, I'd like videos in PenguinTV to open
4 > with vlc instead of mplayer. I'm using xfce4.
5
6 Frankly, I don't understand.
7 - Do you want to know how to specify a default viewer for videos inside
8 that PenguinTV? That should belong to your application manual.
9 - Do you want to know how to specify a default viewer for videos in the
10 XFCE file manager?
11 - Do you want to know how to specify a defuault viewer for videos,
12 *whatever* the file manager/program/desktop you are using? I doubt this
13 is possible (maybe there's an env variable?)
14
15 > and I like PenguinTV much better. All kinds of TV programs are
16 > available in RSS feeds for free now. CNN, NBC News, ABC News, CBS
17 > News, BBC News, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report. That's not even
18 > scratching the surface. Let me know if you'd like more info.
19
20 Is there some Italian program :) ?
21
22 m.