From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - Permissions on mounted Windows partition
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 02:10:23
1 On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 19:47 -0600, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 01:22 +0000, Mick wrote:
3 > > Michael Sullivan wrote:
4 > >
5 > > > I think someone's asked this before here, but I don't remember the
6 > > > answer; How do I make it where regular users can read, execute, and
7 > > > possibly write files on my mounted Windows XP partition? The only thing
8 > > > I use Windows for anymore is playing DirectX games, and I'm emerging
9 > > > wine now. I noticed that my personal account gets "Permission denied"
10 > > > when trying to ls /mnt/windows and I don't want to have to use the root
11 > > > account unnecessarily...
12 > >
13 > > Yep, I asked this a couple of days ago, but the title could be misleading:
14 > >
15 > > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/150416
16 > >
17 > > The trick is to allow others to access and read the partition in your fstab.
18 > > Setting uid=222 allows the partition to be mounted with r-x rights for all
19 > > concerned.
20 > > --
21 > > Regards,
22 > > Mick
25 > I looked at man mount (as suggested in the link you sent me) and then
26 > only mention of NTFS was the iocharset option. How would I go about
27 > setting up a umask in /etc/fstab to accomplish this?
30 Nevermind. I figured it out.
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list