From: Michael Kintzios <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - Permissions on mounted Windowspartition
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 12:22:40
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Michael Sullivan [mailto:michael@××××××××××××.com]
3 > Sent: 08 January 2006 02:07
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - Permissions on mounted
6 > Windowspartition
9 > > > Yep, I asked this a couple of days ago, but the title
10 > could be misleading:
11 > > >
12 > > > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/150416
13 > > >
14 > > > The trick is to allow others to access and read the
15 > partition in your fstab.
16 > > > Setting uid=222 allows the partition to be mounted with
17 > r-x rights for all
18 > > > concerned.
19 > > > --
20 > > > Regards,
21 > > > Mick
22 > > >
23 > >
24 > > I looked at man mount (as suggested in the link you sent
25 > me) and then
26 > > only mention of NTFS was the iocharset option. How would I go about
27 > > setting up a umask in /etc/fstab to accomplish this?
30 > Nevermind. I figured it out.
31
32 Oops! Sorry, was getting too late to focus on the screen: it's
33 umask=222 not uid! (I am not at home now to post my fstab, but ask
34 again if you are having any problems).
35 --
36 Regards,
37 Mick
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list