From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing pulseaudio
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 21:19:56
1 Am 19.04.2013 23:06, schrieb Mark David Dumlao:
2
3 > Many bluetooth headsets have 2 modes of operation. There's a telephony
4 > mode, which allows for audio in and out, and there's a high quality
5 > audio mode, which only allows audio out. Very likely that you need to
6 > set the playback to telephony mode to get it working. At least if your
7 > headset has an actual mic.
8
9 Yes, that is the correct direction! I figured that out already in a way
10 ... but even in telephony mode things somehow stuck.
11
12 The headset works fine with my android devices, even as telephone
13 headset with the smartphone, so basically the "in and out" should work fine.
14
15 Maybe I just don't get it and it's a question of moving (some of those
16 dozens of) sliders in the PA-settings ... even IF that is the case this
17 is way too un-intuitive, not-working-out-of-the-box IMO.
18
19 In the end there are only 2 sliders relevant:
20
21 in and out related to the headset. If both are selected,
22 activated/un-muted and their volume is around 100% I should be able to
23 record and hear my voice, right?
24
25 Stefan