From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing pulseaudio
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 21:12:17
1 On Sat 20 Apr 2013 04:36:34 AM PHT, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Am 19.04.2013 15:43, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
3 >
4 >> Take a look at this:
5 >>
6 >> https://plus.google.com/photos/115256116066287398549/albums/5778609034682831121/5778849461325756466
7 >>
8 >> That's me selecting with a click of the mouse if I want to use Skype
9 >> with the analog speakers from my laptop, or with my bluetooth headset.
10 >> Of course, the BT headset doesn't appear in the combo box until they
11 >> are actually connected; my USB speakers don't show up there because
12 >> they weren't connected.
13 >
14 > Yeah, I get the picture ... but:
15 >
16 > I never got my BT-headset working with Skype correctly.
17 >
18 > Either the sound was OK and the mic didn't work or the sound was crappy
19 > and the mic *seemed* to work (looking at the graphs) but I never heard
20 > my recorded voice in the Skype Test Call.
21
22 Many bluetooth headsets have 2 modes of operation. There's a telephony
23 mode, which allows for audio in and out, and there's a high quality
24 audio mode, which only allows audio out. Very likely that you need to
25 set the playback to telephony mode to get it working. At least if your
26 headset has an actual mic.