From: Jean-Baptiste Mestelan <mestelan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bash completion annoyance: escapes directory variables.
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 19:59:42
1 2009/1/17 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>:
2 >
3 > I don't know much about this, but I wonder if it may be related to some of
4 > Gentoo's 3rd-party Bash-completion features?
5
6 I have unmerged gentoo-bashcomp, but the problem remains. So, this
7 would put the blame on bash-completion.
8
9 I am using bash-completion-20060301. Following your message, I have
10 upgraded to latest (unstable) bash-completion-20081218
11 *and this solved the original problem* : tab-completion now does not
12 escape variables after 'cd' !
13
14 BUT (there had to be a 'but') ...
15 gentoo-bashcomp does not play well with this latest version, meaning
16 that after re-installing bashcomp, completion does not work after
17 gentoo commands (emerge, ebuild ...).
20 So, I think I will get back to bash-completion-20060301, and use cdb
21 instead of path variables.
22
23 Thanks for attention and suggestions.
26 > You might also check bash-completion USE flags.
27
28 # equery uses app-shells/bash-completion
29 [ Searching for packages matching app-shells/bash-completion... ]
30 [ Colour Code : set unset ]
31 [ Legend : Left column (U) - USE flags from make.conf ]
32 [ : Right column (I) - USE flags packages was installed with ]
33 [ No USE flags found for app-shells/bash-completion-20060301]