From: sam new <maoben1234@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: i486
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:48:56
1 thanks mick ,that not my meaning, it is not about how to install gentoo
2
3 On 26 November 2010 16:58, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
4
5 > On Friday 26 November 2010 06:07:58 sam new wrote:
6 > > Thanks all, I have a question , when we build the system, always use
7 > host
8 > > client to build the toolchain , then GCC Glibc ...kernel some unity ...
9 > > from source ,but where the frist system come from ,does it build using
10 > the
11 > > Assembly language or machine language? I mean just give you X86 hardware
12 > > and power , no OS, no livd cd . I am afraid it is out of this topic.but
13 > it
14 > > always puzzled me :-)
15 >
16 > You need a LiveCD and a *good* reason (unless you're just playing) to build
17 > a
18 > system from stage 1. Have a read here:
19 >
20 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-830228-start-0.html
21 > --
22 > Regards,