From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: i486
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 09:00:50
1 On Friday 26 November 2010 06:07:58 sam new wrote:
2 > Thanks all, I have a question , when we build the system, always use host
3 > client to build the toolchain , then GCC Glibc ...kernel some unity ...
4 > from source ,but where the frist system come from ,does it build using the
5 > Assembly language or machine language? I mean just give you X86 hardware
6 > and power , no OS, no livd cd . I am afraid it is out of this topic.but it
7 > always puzzled me :-)
8
9 You need a LiveCD and a *good* reason (unless you're just playing) to build a
10 system from stage 1. Have a read here:
11
12 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-830228-start-0.html
13 --
14 Regards,