From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Automounting drives, partitions & udev, mtab & fstab
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 15:14:21
1 On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 06:35:40 -0800, Douglas Linford wrote:
2
3 > In my example I have a USB external drive with a ext3 partition, there
4 > is no listing in /etc/fstab for that partition, /etc/mtab lists it
5 > as, /dev/sdc2 /media/disk, and on the desktop the icon for it reads,
6 > 66.0 GB Volume. Where is that configured?
7
8 This is handled by pmount and HAL. The default is to use the volume name
9 of the disk for the icon and the mount point. This was discussed only a
10 few days ago, so a quick search of the list archives should show it up.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Philosophical error: Demonstrate the existence of a key to continue