From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Clean up world file
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 12:59:39
1 Anthony E. Caudel wrote:
2 > There was a recent thread about about what should or should not be in
3 > the world file.
4 >
5 > Regarding that, my world file is bloated. Until recently, I had a
6 > tendency to do updates piecemeal but did not use --oneshot. This put
7 > packages in that I do not think belong.
8 >
9 > Looking for a means to clean up the world file, I ran across Ed Catmur's
10 > "dep".
11 >
12 > Has anyone here used it? Is it the best means available to clean the
13 > world file? Anything in the gentoo tree to do this?
14 >
15 > Tony
16 >
17 > BTW, I ran it with the --pretend option and it told me that 44 of the
18 > 119 packages in my world file were redundant.
19 Hi,
20 So far only used ecatmur's "dep" script (it's/was called 'udept').
21 To get the latest - emerge layman & import ecatmur's overlay.
22 Then run dep --help and check the options.
23 Using it for over a year or two excellent script, Thanks Ed.
24 HTH.Rumen

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature