From: gentoo@×××××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia-drivers and revdep-rebuild problems
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 15:03:56
1 On Monday 24 July 2006 00:41, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 060723 billydw wrote:
3 > > I am pretty much a Gentoo newbie, but less so with linux.
4 > > I have successfully installed Gentoo 2006.0
5 > > from the Universal Install CD (amd64 arch).
6 > > I have Xorg-x11 7.0 emerged and I think configured correctly -
7 > > no unresolved EEs or WWs in /var/log/Xorg.0.log.
8 > > Using "startx" brings up twm and it looks fine.
9 > > I first emerged nvidia-glx and nvidia-kernel.
10 > > While running # revdep-rebuild, I get this message:
11 >
12 For the Nvidia card I have I had to go to Nidiias web site and download the
13 driver from there to get it to work. after I ran the file from Nvidia mt Card
14 works fine even in dual mode ( tv , CRT).
18 rob
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list