From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Devicekit - especially just for Dale
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 22:24:05
1 On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:50:36 -0800, James Ausmus wrote:
2
3 > > Very recent buyers of Lenovo laptops don't even *have* a SysRq key
4 > > anymore. I
5 > > reckon it won't be long before other makers follow suit. I can see
6 > > Lenovo's point: there's probably less than 10,000 people in the whole
7 > > world that ever
8 > > used that key in the last 12 months and all of them are very au fait
9 > > with Linux
12 > Yuck - really? Not even as an unlabeled Alt function of a Print Screen
13 > button?
14
15 Shouldn't even need Alt, SysRq is PrtScn.
16
17 > Sounds like a new kernel patch needs to be introduced, which allows you
18 > to select an alternative to the SysRq key for the magic commands...
19 > <sigh> Stupid HW manufacturers...
20
21 That's been possible for years. I remember doing something, but not the
22 details, to use another key for this on my PPC iBook.
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 "Ubuntu" is an ancient African word, meaning "I can't configure
29 Slackware".