From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] which keymap and keyboard setup
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 14:56:55
1 Hello, Peter
2
3 On Sat, Jun 06, 2015 at 02:25:17PM +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > On Saturday 06 June 2015 11:22:45 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
5 > > :-) I have a Filco mechanical keyboard, which works well. Does your new
6 > > keyboard need more desk space than a standard one? That would be a
7 > > negative feature for me.
8
9 > I wonder how much better these are than my 105-key Cherry with its mechanical
10 > key switches. It isn't quiet, but it doesn't need to be since I'm the only one
11 > here. I deliberately went for a proper keyboard rather than those nasty
12 > rubber-sheet jobs.
13
14 My Filco has Cherry keys in it. I seem to remember from researching it a
15 few years back, Cherry keys come in several weights of action, and some
16 of them have an audible click, some don't. An audible click would drive
17 me crazy.
18
19 > --
20 > Rgds