From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] which keymap and keyboard setup
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 13:25:26
1 On Saturday 06 June 2015 11:22:45 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 11:33:47PM +0200, lee wrote:
3 > > BTW, this keyboard is awesome. It's just as if you had a Model M, but
4 > > still new, and there isn't anything better available new. I've been
5 > > using those for about 20 years now and wanted a new one since quite a
6 > > while, now finally managed to get a Unicomp ... Get one if you can; live
7 > > is too short for bad keyboards.
8 > :
9 > :-) I have a Filco mechanical keyboard, which works well. Does your new
10 > keyboard need more desk space than a standard one? That would be a
11 > negative feature for me.
12
13 I wonder how much better these are than my 105-key Cherry with its mechanical
14 key switches. It isn't quiet, but it doesn't need to be since I'm the only one
15 here. I deliberately went for a proper keyboard rather than those nasty
16 rubber-sheet jobs.
19 Rgds
20 Peter