From: kwkhui@××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libgmp.so.3 is not a symbolic link
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 04:17:02
1 On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 03:43:52 +0000
2 Mateusz Kowalczyk <fuuzetsu@×××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > For a longer while now I've been getting `/sbin/ldconfig:
5 > /usr/lib/libgmp.so.3 is not a symbolic link' warning every time I
6 > build something. It didn't seem to create any actual issues and a
7 > quick Google search didn't bring anything up so I've ended up
8 > ignoring it. I am now sick of it and would love it fixed. I can't
9 > find anything on the web with anyone having the same problem and
10 > rebuilding libgmp seems to have had no effect. Does anyone have some
11 > ideas as to how the issue can be fixed?
12 >
13 > Thanks,
14 > Mateusz Kowalczyk
15
16 (Delete the file /usr/lib/libgmp.so.3 and) check for invalid symlinks?
17 Surely /usr/lib/libgmp.so does not point
18 to /usr/lib/libgmp.so.3.whatever, but some more recent .so version,
19 like /usr/lib/libgmp.so.10.0.2?
20
21 Kerwin.