From: Mateusz Kowalczyk <fuuzetsu@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libgmp.so.3 is not a symbolic link
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 04:30:11
1 You were right.
2
3 Thanks.
4
5 On 13/02/13 04:16, kwkhui@××××.net wrote:
6 > On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 03:43:52 +0000
7 > Mateusz Kowalczyk <fuuzetsu@×××××××××××.uk> wrote:
8 >
9 >> For a longer while now I've been getting `/sbin/ldconfig:
10 >> /usr/lib/libgmp.so.3 is not a symbolic link' warning every time I
11 >> build something. It didn't seem to create any actual issues and a
12 >> quick Google search didn't bring anything up so I've ended up
13 >> ignoring it. I am now sick of it and would love it fixed. I can't
14 >> find anything on the web with anyone having the same problem and
15 >> rebuilding libgmp seems to have had no effect. Does anyone have some
16 >> ideas as to how the issue can be fixed?
17 >>
18 >> Thanks,
19 >> Mateusz Kowalczyk
20 >
21 > (Delete the file /usr/lib/libgmp.so.3 and) check for invalid symlinks?
22 > Surely /usr/lib/libgmp.so does not point
23 > to /usr/lib/libgmp.so.3.whatever, but some more recent .so version,
24 > like /usr/lib/libgmp.so.10.0.2?
25 >
26 > Kerwin.
27 >