From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fix for e2fsprogs BLOCK?
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 18:52:39
1 On Mittwoch 05 November 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Mittwoch, 5. November 2008 19:08:23 schrieb Denis:
3 > > This probably was already discussed at length... But I keep waiting
4 > > for an automatic portage tree fix to this... Any idea if there will
5 > > be a fix, or will I need to take care of this manually? (Intel Core
6 > > Duo 32-bit system, FYI).
7 >
8 > emerge -f e2fsprogs e2fsprogs-libs # wget won't work w/o com_err , so you
9 > need to fetch first.
10 > emerge -C com_err ss
11 > emerge e2fsprogs
12 >
13 > or, simpler with paludis:
14 >
15 > paludis -i --dl-blocks discard e2fsprogs
16 >
17 > If the block still exists after you unmerged com_err and ss, use emerge
18 > with - t to find out which package still wants them end re-emerge this
19 > first.
20 >
21 > HTH...
22 >
23 > Dirk
24
25 and mask com_err and ss afterwards - to make sure that nothing pulls them in.