From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hungry firefox
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 16:18:45
1 150401 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 01 April 2015 11:34:19 Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> 150401 Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 >>> Has anyone else here noticed firefox consuming 15% or so of CPU time,
5 >>> even while it's not supposed to be doing anything?
6 >> Occasionally, I've had javascripts running away with the CPU,
7 >> which stops when I kill FF & restart it. That's just bad JS programming.
8 > Mention of scripts lit a lamp, so I closed the Twitter tab.
9 > CPU use went straight down to nothing.
10 > Maybe I should have a word with the Twitter devs.
11 > Thanks again, and sorry about the noise.
12
13 Your query is not noise : abuse of JS needs to be followed up promptly.
17 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
18 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
19 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca