From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hungry firefox
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 15:44:33
1 On Wednesday 01 April 2015 11:34:19 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 150401 Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Has anyone else here noticed firefox consuming 15% or so of CPU time,
4 > > even while it's not supposed to be doing anything?
5 >
6 > Occasionally, I've had javascripts running away with the CPU,
7 > which stops when I kill FF & restart it. That's just bad JS programming.
8
9 Thank you gents,
10
11 Mention of scripts lit a lamp, so I closed the Twitter tab. CPU use went
12 straight down to nothing.
13
14 Maybe I should have a word with the Twitter devs. At any rate, I can at
15 least poke around a bit less blindly.
16
17 Thanks again, and sorry about the noise.
20 Rgds
21 Peter.