From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde update
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 21:34:34
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 22:20 on Tuesday 31 May 2011, Nils Larsson did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > tisdagen den 31 maj 2011 22:00:28 skrev Dale:
5 > > Does anyone remember the discussion I had about kde packages being in
6 > > the system set when doing a emerge -e system? If I for example unmerge
7 > > kde-meta then run --depclean, I bet I would get the error about system
8 > > packages being removed. It may be because of USE flags but this was
9 > > what I was concerned about during the last discussion. Having GUI
10 > > packages, especially KDE, included in the system set, even if because of
11 > > USE flags, is going to lead to problems at some point.
12 > >
13 > > Or maybe I am reading all this wrong?
14 > >
15 > > Dale
16 >
17 > I assume you have "kde" enabled on sys-auth/polkit, that pulls in sys-
18 > auth/polkit-kde-agent and sys-auth/polkit-kde. Thats all the qt-* and
19 > kdelibs packages.
22 It appears I was wrong after all.
23
24 Manners dictates that apologies to Dale are in order.
25
26 Sorry Dale.
30 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com