From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vixie-cron keeps stopping
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 02:03:11
1 On 15/04/2010 09:20, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > You probably don't want to hear this, but:
3 >
4 > vixie-cron is problematic in the extreme. I have endless hassle with it's
5 > weird behaviours.
6 >
7 > Use a different cron daemon.
10 I don't mind hearing this :) I only use vixie-cron as that is what I
11 started with (I think from the old install documents), I'm not tied to
12 it at all. I has worked perfectly on several installs until this problem
13 appeared.
14
15 I've switched to fcron on that machine and it seems to be ok so far,
16 only time will tell. From now on I'll use fcron by default to avoid this
17 problem happening again.
18
19 Thanks