From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vixie-cron keeps stopping
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:06:40
1 On Thursday 15 April 2010 02:58:15 Matt Harrison wrote:
2 > I apologise if this has come twice, it didn't appear to post correctly
3 > first time, not even on the archives.
4 >
5 > Its been happening for a while but I haven't got round to find out why, but
6 > every so often (anything between a week or an hour) vixie-cron just stops.
7 > There's nothing in the logs, the service just stops.
8 >
9 > I have no idea where to start looking for a culprit so I'm hoping someone
10 > here has some good ideas :)
11 >
12 > thanks in advance
13 >
14 > Matt
15
16 You probably don't want to hear this, but:
17
18 vixie-cron is problematic in the extreme. I have endless hassle with it's
19 weird behaviours.
20
21 Use a different cron daemon.
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com