From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vixie-cron keeps stopping
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:23:25
1 On 4/15/2010 1:20 AM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Thursday 15 April 2010 02:58:15 Matt Harrison wrote:
3 >> I apologise if this has come twice, it didn't appear to post correctly
4 >> first time, not even on the archives.
5 >>
6 >> Its been happening for a while but I haven't got round to find out why, but
7 >> every so often (anything between a week or an hour) vixie-cron just stops.
8 >> There's nothing in the logs, the service just stops.
9 >>
10 >> I have no idea where to start looking for a culprit so I'm hoping someone
11 >> here has some good ideas :)
12 >>
13 >> thanks in advance
14 >>
15 >> Matt
16 >
17 > You probably don't want to hear this, but:
18 >
19 > vixie-cron is problematic in the extreme. I have endless hassle with it's
20 > weird behaviours.
21 >
22 > Use a different cron daemon.
25 Strange. I've never had a problem with it and Gentoo though I use Gentoo
26 primarily as a server.
27
28 kashani