From: edes <edes@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB sound card not recognized as capture device
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 13:32:00
1 el 2020-01-23 a las 13:59 Mick escribió:
2
3 > The way I went about it was to comment out the offending lines in these
4 > files and recompile the kernel. It is a bit of pain, since I have to
5 > perform this manual editing with each kernel so far.
6 >
7 > You could try to comment out the lines which break your card for now and
8 > see if this fixes the problem.
9
10 This option might be a bit over my head, since I don't know C/C++, and the
11 changes between 5.4.10 and 5.4.11 in drivers/usb/core/config.c have been
12 important:
13
14 https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/diff/drivers/usb/core/config.c?id=v5.4.11&id2=v5.4.10
15
16 Not to mention further changes in the following kernels.
17
18 I might try to keep the old version of the file and see what happens, but
19 I'm not sure of the consequences.
22 > I would start with BGO in the first instance:
23 >
24 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/
25 >
26 > providing info on the affected hardware, the errors you've identified
27 > and the files you suspect containing the changes in the code.
28
29 Will do, although this is a problem in the linux kernel and not specific
30 to gentoo.
31
32 Thanks for your help.