From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB sound card not recognized as capture device
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 13:59:33
1 On Thursday, 23 January 2020 13:50:59 GMT edes wrote:
2 > el 2020-01-19 a las 16:49 Mick escribió:
3 > > You could compare the dmesg output of working and non-working kernels
4 > > and see what differences are present, then google for bugs/solutions on
5 > > that basis.
6 >
7 > [...]
8 >
9 > > You could also diff the two different kernel tree versions and see what
10 > > drivers have changed.
11 >
12 > Hello, thanks for your suggestions.
13 >
14 > I'm not a programmer and I know nothing about C or kernel development, but
15 > I found that, beginning with 5.4.11, several changes were introduced in
16 > drivers/usb/core/config.c, that seem to be consistent with the message
17 > that appears now when I connect my card:
18 >
19 > [ 129.153850] usb 3-10.3: config 1 interface 2 altsetting 1 has a
20 > duplicate endpoint with address 0x85, skipping
21 > [ 129.153854] usb 3-10.3: config 1 interface 2 altsetting 2 has a
22 > duplicate endpoint with address 0x85, skipping
23
24 I've suffered from a similar problem, changes in a number of files in some
25 previous version stopped my WiFi NIC from working and pegged the CPU to 100%.
26 The way I went about it was to comment out the offending lines in these files
27 and recompile the kernel. It is a bit of pain, since I have to perform this
28 manual editing with each kernel so far.
29
30 You could try to comment out the lines which break your card for now and see
31 if this fixes the problem.
34 > Where can I post this problem? I've been using Linux for 20 years, but
35 > this is my first problem with the kernel. I found these forums:
36 >
37 > https://forum.linuxfoundation.org/categories/drivers
38 > https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-kernel-70/
39 >
40 > And of course the kernel mailing list, but seems to be for developers.
41
42 I would start with BGO in the first instance:
43
44 https://bugs.gentoo.org/
45
46 providing info on the affected hardware, the errors you've identified and the
47 files you suspect containing the changes in the code.
48 --
49 Regards,
50
51 Mick