From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo system suddenly failed to boot.
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 22:01:45
1 чт, 18 февр. 2021 г. в 01:10, Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>:
2 >
3 > On Wednesday, 17 February 2021 21:45:35 GMT gevisz wrote:
4 >
5 > > Most probably, both my SATA disks have connection problems as
6 > > Oli Schmidt suggested from the very beginning, and because they
7 > > both have it, it points to the motherboard that already had quite
8 > > a bad track record.
9 > >
10 > > Unfortunately, I cannot diagnose it further, but later will try
11 > > to experiment with attaching my SATA drives again.
12 >
13 > It may be worth mentioning I've experienced similar problems with an old MoBo,
14 > different to yours. Eventually I narrowed it down to a loose SATA connector
15 > on the MoBo. It would either fail completely to boot, or it would boot but
16 > the disk would make a clicking noise. I initially suspected a dying disk, but
17 > after I reseated the cable on the MoBo the problem went away, for a while,
18 > until I reseated it once more. :-)
19 >
20 > The ATA disk would boot normally (IDE controller).
21 >
22 > Anyway, just make sure you have enable AHCI instead of IDE type controller on
23 > your BIOS menu for the SATA disk and have configured the Gentoo kernel
24 > appropriately to include AHCI.
25
26 I will look into this and report if I will find something. Thank you.