From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's the dmix equivalent these days?
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:41:35
1 On Montag, 26. Februar 2007, Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 26 February 2007 22:02, b.n. wrote:
3 > > Alan McKinnon ha scritto:
4 > > > On Sunday 25 February 2007, Mick wrote:
5 > > >> Hi All,
6 > > >>
7 > > >> It seems that when Amarok is playing, all system sounds are put on
8 > > >> hold. Once I close Amarok then all system (KDE) notifications
9 > > >> suddenly sound at once!
10 > > >>
11 > > >> How do I figure out what's wrong and how should I fix it?
12 > > >
13 > > > One word:
14 > > >
15 > > > arts
16 > > >
17 > > > It's an abomination that should not be suffered to live. Disable it,
18 > > > switch it off, consign it to hell for all eternity.
19 > >
20 > > You can also compile all of kde switching off the "alsa" use flag.
21 >
22 > Did you mean to say "arts"? I thought that this was required to be able to
23 > play KDE system notifications?
24
25 no, arts is not required to be able to play the KDE notifications.
26
27 > Since aplay is hard masked, what external player should I use? What other
28 > options are there to be able to play system notifications, if I want to
29 > keep alsa?
30
31 sox?
32 --