From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] java replacement
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 10:46:04
1 On 25/01/17 18:21, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 25/01/2017 12:03, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
3 >> The java 8u112 download that the latest oracle java pulls in requires an
4 >> invasive questionnaire to create an Oracle account to enable the download.
5 >>
6 >> I was using iced-tea at one stage but found the android sdk didn’t work
7 >> well with it - is there a less objectionable java source than oracle
8 >> that has a compatible java?
9 >>
10 >> BillK
14 > Sounds like Oracle's latest "commercial usage" clause, whatever that is
15 >
16 > Follow Neil's advice, it also worked for me
19 You are right - there are two elog links, one takes you to a page with
20 just a licence accept, the other to an archive where you get trapped.
21
22 Sorry for the noise.
23
24 BillK