From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] java replacement
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 10:24:17
1 On 25/01/2017 12:03, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > The java 8u112 download that the latest oracle java pulls in requires an
3 > invasive questionnaire to create an Oracle account to enable the download.
4 >
5 > I was using iced-tea at one stage but found the android sdk didn’t work
6 > well with it - is there a less objectionable java source than oracle
7 > that has a compatible java?
8 >
9 > BillK
13 Sounds like Oracle's latest "commercial usage" clause, whatever that is
14
15 Follow Neil's advice, it also worked for me
18 Alan McKinnon
19 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com