From: john <jdm@×××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kgamma 4.6.3 fails prepare phase
Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 21:15:52
1 On Sun, 8 May 2011 16:38:57 +0100
2 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sunday 08 May 2011 16:09:36 Dale wrote:
5 > > john wrote:
6 > > > Have reported as a bug. Not sure if I should have done?
7 > > >
8 > > > USE="-handbook" emerge kdegamma fixes the issue though.
9 > > >
10 > > > All other packages have emerged fine.
11 > > >
12 > > > Love the bouncy ball widget, especially when you can stop it!!
13 > >
14 > > I was hoping the weather thing would work again. Teach me to hope
15 > > so much. Still no worky. It only comes up with something called
16 > > wettercom but nothing noaa for USA. I guess I'll have to stick my
17 > > head out the door for a while longer.
18 >
19 > Running stable here, so can't check what the new weather thingy does,
20 > but I recall that when it borked last time moving from KDE3 to KDE4 I
21 > had to open the ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc and add
22 > a BBC code for the region of interest.
23 >
24 > If you can't find yours let me know and I'll have a look.
27 Weather widgets running fine here:-
28 Namely LCD Weather Station and Weather Station . I have only have ever
29 run kde 4-6.2 and 4.6-3 so perhaps there is a problem upgrading from
30 previous versions.
31
32 Great widgets. Not sure what a Molar Mass Calculator does? Perhaps
33 weighs your teeth??
34 --
35 John D Maunder